Wednesday, September 29, 2010

All good things must end

I can't believe that tomorrow I head home from my 2wk holiday! Where has the past 2wks gone? I'm amazed the time hasn't gone any slower, considering all it has seemed to do is rain. The kids and I haven't been able to do much outside the house, for fear we'll get stuck in some downpour. Yesterday we all went swimming in Serena's MIL's pool. Mind you, we needed to wait for the storm (including tiny hail stones) to pass before we could get in. The rain made the pool absolutely freezing!! It was still nice though - the kids slept well that night that's for sure. Hopefully we can take the kids on a Teddy Bear's Picnic tomorrow before we have to pack up everything and get on our train home.

I'm sure gonna miss all the wonderful cooking - and not having to do it myself. Serena makes the most delicious food, and i like having the break. On the other hand, I'm not going to miss the mountain of washing and folding, and the incredible amount of dishes each night. It will be nice to sleep in my own bed again, and have the kids sleep past 6 or 7am. It's always sad to say goodbye to Shane, Serena and the kids tho. On the upside we'll be seeing them in less than a month for Xavier's 1st birthday party. I cannot wait!!

1 comment: