Friday, September 24, 2010

Holidays & Best Friends

Friday 24 September, 2010

It's always nice to get away from your everyday life. The kids and I all love being able to hop on the train and come visit my incredibly awesome best friend, Serena and her wonderful little family. I don't think i could possibly say enough wonderful things about how amazing she is. I am truly blessed to have met her.

For those that don't know, Serena and I met when we were both pregnant back in 2004. We were posting on an Australian "Due in March" message board - and while it took us until early 2007 to actually meet in person, we've been inseparable ever since. We're so much alike, it's spooky. We have much of the same morals and values in life, we parent the same and generally like and dislike the same things. Rarely, we'll find something we disagree on.

Kailee, Xavier and I are mid-way through our 2 week stay with Serena and family. Sometimes crazy, sometimes relaxing.... part of me doesn't want to go home. The kids are having a blast together, i just wish the rain would go away so we can at least go to the park for a picnic. Xavier loves all the attention, but remains a big sooky mama's boy. (I don't think that'll change anytime soon though.) It'll be sad to go home next week, that's for sure.

This weekend we're camping with the children - that is, if they behave long enough to do so. No doubt everyone will have a great time, sleeping in the tent, cooking on the BBQ and eating and playing outside. Tomorrow Serena and I are going shopping for Xavier's birthday pressie and extra things that are needed for his pirate birthday party in a month. I can't wait to find some cute boys toys.

Enjoy your weekend, whatever you're doing. I'll try and post photos of us camping when I get home.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment