Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Birthday party preparations

At the moment, I'm asking myself "WHY??" Why the heck did i get started on this whole First Birthday party idea. It feels like it's never been more apparent that I'm a single mother until now... I'm left to do 99.9% of the planning, organizing and arranging for this party. I know it's not everyday that your baby turns 1 and it should be celebrated in a BIG way, but I'm just exhausted. It's not just financially, but physically I'm running on empty. I'm mid-way through baking mini quiches for the party this weekend and still have a tonne more cooking to do. I don't think I'm gonna be leaving the kitchen much between now and Saturday. I have amazing friends and a wonderful mother that are helping, but i kind of feel that since this was my idea i can't expect others to do all the work.

I hate the stress of organizing these kind of events. Stressing about whether there will be enough food, drinks, entertainment, etc. I know the day will be great and I'm sure everyone will have a great time, but i worry about the littlest of things - that's just me! So, here's to a stress-less weekend, with enjoyable cake smash photos oh Friday, an awesome party Saturday and a beautiful dedication this weekend. Xavier sure is gonna be a busy boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment