Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sometimes we just don't know what we want

It's been a while since I've really thought about the possibility of a relationship. Honestly, the whole thing scares me. Maybe I've been hurt too many times, or maybe it's just that I haven't completely healed from the last time. I really think it's more to do with not having met that special someone that is worth taking the risk for. Maybe I have met him and circumstances just haven't allowed for things to evolve from friendship to something more. I really dunno. Too many questions remain unanswered in my head. Quite possibly, I just think too much.

I have an amazing friend who I've spoken to online (but never met) for over 10yrs now, and he's one of those guys that I can speak honestly and openly to about things. He tells me that not all men want to break my heart, and I know he's genuine about the things he tells me. I'm hanging onto this small glimmer of hope that there's some wonderful Mr Right out there, somewhere. If only he'd step out of his awesome hiding spot! Sometimes I feel like a little girl, watching those fairy tale movies, hoping and praying for my own Prince Charming to sweep me off my feet. Maybe they are nothing more than fairy tales though.

I'm not a very patient person in the least, so it's probably a good thing I'm in no rush to be in another relationship. I'm not opposed to it happening, I'm just not going out of my way to look for it. It'll happen when the time is right I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment