Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Messed up priorities!

What is it with some parents there days, they're all too happy to buy top dollar items for themselves yet beg, borrow n bargain for items needed for their kids. Considering whatever they need for the kids is less expensive!

As far as I'm concerned, kids come first!! Or at least they do in my house. I'll continue to wear the same few outfits each week while my 2 kids drawers are overflowing. They have an abundance of toys and all the necessities of life - both material n not. If my son needs a new car seat (and he will in a year) I'll buy a new one; if my daughter needs a new bed I'll buy her one (which I did earlier this year - $600 later). Being a single mum, as tight as money can be -and it sometime is - I won't skimp out on things my kids need!

All too often I hear people say they are looking for something to be given to them for next to nothing for their kids but brag about their big luxury item they are getting for themselves. It infuriates me to no end! Get your priorities straight people!! Fair enough, save money where you can but don't give your most precious children second best when you will only take the absolute best for yourself. Our aim as parents is to be the best mum or dad we possibly could be - not bargain for whatever we can "afford" and that'll just have to do. *sigh*
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment