Friday, November 5, 2010

Beyond Exhausted

I'm amazed I'm still recovering after Xavier's birthday party weekend. I've spent the past 2 weeks at home, relaxing (well, cleaning and relaxing). I still feel drained and like I need some time to chill out. I didn't realise that weekend's events would take so much out of me. After his professional photos, birthday party preparations and Dedication, I'm just glad it's over. Until another year I guess.

I've spent the past couple weeks at home, constantly tidying up after the kids. Now that Xavier is starting to walk, he does nothing more than trash the house. He's realised how to sneak into his sisters room, hiding in there and pulling out all of her toys. One afternoon Kailee came home and yelled out, "ARGH! That kid messed my room again!" It was hilarious!! He's more interested in playing with her dolls and such, rather than his trucks and countless toys in the lounge room. Boys *sigh*. Speaking of which, he's just snuck in there as I type this.

I love my kids, but it would be wonderful if I had a break every now and then to recooperate. Unfortunately, it rarely happens. Xavier is still breastfed so that makes it harder for someone to look after him - though not impossible since he goes a few hours between feeds during the day. Kailee is cheeky and already at that back-chatting stage. Xavier climbs everything and is constantly opening the fridge - I'm gonna have to buy a lock for the fridge tomorrow to stop him doing that. My kids are my world and I would be lost without them, but they are exhausting and I'm starting to feel so drained from the constant cleaning and running around fighting with them. Just wait 'til they're older and I can go mess up their houses and leave them with the mess. Revenge will be beautiful.

It's all worthwhile when I look into their eyes and see their beautiful smiles. Xavier is so cute and cheeky; Kailee is affectionate and beautiful. I'm blessed with them both, even if I am lacking in sleep or the odd couple hours to myself for some "me time". I wouldn't have my life any other way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment