Friday, November 5, 2010

When is it time to let go?

Amazingly, today I was contacted by a girl that my brother was friends with in primary school. Years ago she came to visit him where we lived and when she went home she left 2 of her jackets behind. I honesty think she did this on purpose since she was very much 'into' my brother. Her feelings weren't reciprocated but she was persisting.

When she wanted to come back and get them my brother told her not to and that he would post them back. Over the years we've all moved houses and led busy lives, it's now been 3 years since this happened and she's asking for the jackets back. I don't know why she's thought my brother kept them all this time but he has no idea what happened to them. So while he refuses to speak to her as she's completely crazy. (She Once contacted my brother's fiancee early in their relationship, saying her n my brother had something going.) She just wanted to cause drama. Childish really.

Now that the items are long gone she wants my brother to reimburse her for the cost of the jackets, apparently just one was $80. Ridiculously, she purchased these jackets 3 years prior to visiting my brother. Yep, 6 years ago!! She certainly is nuts. She's only mentioned these jackets maybe 3 times in 3 years to me, when I didn't even have them, and now expects my brother to pay for them.*sigh*

So when is it time to let go of something you leave behind on a trip away? Or do you just keep hanging onto something that is long gone, based on the principle of how much it cost? As far as I'm concerned if they were so expensive, she would have been sure to take them home with her. She has no one to blame but herself for being silly enough to not take everything when she left.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment